Back to Crafts
Curling the paper mane
Coloring and glueing
A happy lion!
What You Need:
- Paper plate
- Brown or tan paint, crayon, or marker
- Black or brown marker
- Brown, yellow, pink, and orange construction paper
What You Do:
- Paint or color the backside of a paper plate brown or tan.
- Cut out 2 holes where your eyes will look through.
- Cut out 2 half circles from the brown construction paper to make the ears.
- Cut out 2 slightly smaller half circles from the pink paper (these will be the insides of the ears).
- Glue the pink half circles onto the brown pieces. Glue each ear onto either side of the paper plate, just above the eyes.
- Cut out a large, rounded triangle from the yellow construction paper, and a smaller, rounded triangle from the pink construction paper.
- Glue the pink triangle onto the yellow triangle positioned as shown in the photograph of the finished mask. Attach the entire piece to the mask just under the eye holes.
- Use a marker to draw a mouth, whiskers, and spots.
- Cut many 4-inch-long and 1/2-inch-wide strips of yellow, brown, and orange construction paper.
- Roll each strip around a pencil to make it curl.
- Glue the curled strips around the edge of the plate to make the maneLong, heavy hair that grows around the neck and head of some mammals, such as horses and male lions..