Things you will need
Trace your hand
Now to make an elephant
What You Need:
What You Do:
1. Put one hand down on the gray or brown piece of construction paper. Be sure to hold very still!
2. Ask an adult (or brother, sister, or friend) to trace the outline of your hand. Next, you trace their hand.
3. Cut out both hands and flip them so the fingers are on the bottom: these are the elephant’s legs. The thumb is the elephant’s trunk.
4. Draw two shapes of a capital letter D on the gray or brown paper for the ears. Cut them out and glue these to the sides of the elephants’ heads. You can make large ears for an African elephant or smaller ears for an Asian elephant.
5. Use the markers to draw eyes, a mouth and a tail on your elephants.
6. Arrange the elephants on the white paper and glue them in place.
7. If you wish, you may cut a white pipe cleaner in half, then glue the halves on either side of the trunk to represent tusksLong incisor teeth that grow outside the mouths of such animals as the elephant and walrus..
8. On the green piece of paper, draw and cut out shapes of leaves or grass. Arrange and glue these to the paper to give the elephants a habitatWhere an animal or plant normally lives and grows..